In the 1930s, according to the U.S. Wall Ball Association, beach-goers hitting an old tennis ball against wooden jetties inspired the New York Parks Department to install community handball courts in city parks. Now, the game is a professional sport known as Wall Ball, and a staple at athletic centers across the country. Dmitry Druzhinsky, co-founder of MatchPoint NYC, a prominent health and fitness complex in Brooklyn, recently hosted politicians for the Pro Wall Ball Tournament. This annual large competition – billed as the “Battle of the Boroughs,” grows awareness of public health and youth empowerment. The winners earned a trophy and a year of bragging rights.
Druzhinsky Discusses Evolution Of Wall Ball
Posted on December 15, 2016, By Dmitry Druzhinsky
- Dmitry Druzhinsky Has Transformed New York’s Housing And Recreational Facilities
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Has The Infrastructure To House Athletic Events
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Offers Swimming Classes To Adults And The Youth
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Is Home To Nine Court Indoor Tennis Area, Largest In Brooklyn
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC’s Experience Has Made It A Preferred Venue For Individuals And Word-class Tournaments