In the 1930s, according to the U.S. Wall Ball Association, beach revelers hitting an old tennis ball against wooden jetties encouraged the New York Parks Department to install community handball courts in city parks. Now, the sport is a professional endeavor known as Wall Ball, and a staple at athletic centers across the country. Dmitry Druzhinsky, co-founder of MatchPoint NYC, a prominent sport and fitness complex in Brooklyn, recently housed politicians for the Pro Wall Ball Tournament. This annual lcompetition – billed as the “Battle of the Boroughs,” uses its size and impact to grow awareness of public health and youth empowerment. The winners earned a trophy and a year of bragging rights.
Dmitry Druzhinsky On Rising Popularity Of Wall Ball
Posted on June 1, 2017, By Dmitry Druzhinsky
- Dmitry Druzhinsky Has Transformed New York’s Housing And Recreational Facilities
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Has The Infrastructure To House Athletic Events
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Offers Swimming Classes To Adults And The Youth
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Is Home To Nine Court Indoor Tennis Area, Largest In Brooklyn
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC’s Experience Has Made It A Preferred Venue For Individuals And Word-class Tournaments