Sports fans mix with politicians, business leaders, media professionals, and celebrities to watch the fast-paced competition each year. Local athletes from Brooklyn and the Bronx have, since 2015, been smashing the ball to the wall in the Johnny Ray Memorial Pro Wall Ball Tournament at MatchPoint NYC. According to MatchPoint co-founder Dmitry Druzhinsky, a fierce cross-town rivalry has been fostered by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. in order to engage inner-city and under-served youth in physical activity, and also to benefit the U.S. Wall Ball Association’s education, anti-violence and anti-obesity initiatives. The five year old tournament celebrates the life of Jonathan Ray, the late brother of the USWA CEO, who inspired the creation of the association. Dmitry proudly welcomes the opportunity to support such organizations that promote a healthy lifestyle to complex.
Dmitry Druzhinsky Johnny Ray Memorial Tournament
Tags: Brooklyn Dima Druzhinsky dima druzhinsky Brooklyn dima druzhinsky matchpoint dima druzhinsky realestate Dmitry Druzhinsky dmitry druzhinsky nyc dmitry druzhinsky philanthropy dmitry druzhinsky properties MatchPoint NYC MatchpointNYC new york NYC philanthropy real estate Sports Complex
- Dmitry Druzhinsky Has Transformed New York’s Housing And Recreational Facilities
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Has The Infrastructure To House Athletic Events
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Offers Swimming Classes To Adults And The Youth
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC Is Home To Nine Court Indoor Tennis Area, Largest In Brooklyn
- Dmitry Druzhinsky’s MatchPoint NYC’s Experience Has Made It A Preferred Venue For Individuals And Word-class Tournaments